The old nest is not so healthy right now–hubby and I are both fighting off colds. Bleck. I was kinda proud of the fact that I hadn’t been sick my whole pregnancy, but that record’s shot now. And I was so CLOSE!
I left work around noon today, unable to think of anything except the couch and the can of Progresso chicken dumpling soup I knew we had in the pantry (and have had for, I don’t know, a year? For some reason, canned soup just isn’t appealing unless I’m sick, when it suddenly transforms into the most amazing meal imaginable). Paired with some buttered toast and apple slices, it was the perfect sick day lunch.
I’ve also been all about Edy’s fruit bars lately (due to my ongoing possibly-pregnancy-related fruit obsession) and was so glad to have them around…perfect for a sore throat! I can’t decide whether I like strawberry or coconut more…
Dinner was kind of an experiment. I’d gotten a rotisserie chicken on sale and was originally planning to use it to make Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas (one of the hubby’s favs, of course–what guy doesn’t love buffalo flavored Mexican food? You really can’t go wrong). But then I saw these cool little 5 grain flax flatbreads and thought, wonder if that’d make a good pizza crust stand-in?
The result? Pretty delish little 20-minute meal.
I topped the flatbreads with:
- Pizza sauce (tomato sauce would have been fine too)
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Shredded cheese (I probably would have used mozzarella, but only had a cheddar + Jack combo on hand–still tasty!)
- Sliced mini sweet tomatoes
- Goat cheese
- Basil and oregano
Of course, the not-so-secret secret here is goat cheese. Food cannot taste bad when it contains goat cheese.
- 52 Healthy Meals in 12 Minutes or Less (my oven doesn’t even preheat that fast!)
- Dress for Success (how clothes can boost your mood–YES! Just what I need is more justification for my shopping weakness)
- Can Being Bitter Make You Sick? (is that how this cold happened?? ughh now I’m bitter about that too…)